- Smarts Bi-fold Quality Control
- Smarts Bi-folds Recommended Sizes
- Smarts Bi-fold Door Key Profile Dimensions
- Smarts Bi-folding Doors Specifying - Suitable Applications
- How to Install Bi-folding Doors - Like a Pro
- Smarts Bi-folds Sight-lines
- Smarts Bi-fold Number of Door Panels
Smarts Bi-folding Door Performance
All of our Bi-folding doors are fully assembled and tested in the factory jigs prior to despatch.
They are photographed up to 28 times to ensure they reach you in perfect working condition.
These photographs are then put into every accessory box that is sent out that is sent out with our fitters.
Smarts Bi-fold Quality Control
We believe that the best way to make sure that every single one of our Bi-fold doors arrives to you in an excellent working condition, is to check them thoroughly before they leave the factory.
Each Bi-fold door therefore that leaves the factory is checked by Quality Control; for more details see our Quality Control page.
The sizes detailed below are for guidance only; maximum widths can vary depending on your chosen height and vice versa.
Widths wider than 6250 can be achieved with a mechanical joint to head and threshold sections.
Panels can be made less than 700mm wide - please ask our technical department for advice.
Smarts Bi-folds Recommended Sizes
|Maximum Panel Width||1200mm|
|Maximum Weight||120 kgs|
*Please Be Advised: Doors over 2500mm tall maybe subject to a wind loading check.
In which case we will need to know the location, postcode and facing of the doors.
Smarts Bi-fold Door Key Profile Dimensions
|Outer Frame Depth||70mm|
|Glazed Sealed Units||28mm (4 x 20 x 4)|
|Projection Cill Height - Optional||25mm|
|Head Extension - Optional||20mm|
|Transom / Mullion - if Required||49 mm|
These statistics apply for: Open out doors, double-glazed units, 90% argon gas filled (4mm Planitherm total +, 3mm Planilux), 16mm or more, Swiss V warm edge spacerbar (1.2 Glass - U Value centre Pane*).
Smarts Bi-folding Doors Specifying - Suitable Applications
- Can be specified for residential / domestic applications.
- Meets building regulations for new build.
(For Oct 2010)
- Meets building regulations for replacement and refurbishment projects. (For Oct 2010)
- Standard threshold; suitable for use on the ground floor up to second floor. (Recommended fully weather rated threshold).
- Low threshold options; suitable for use on the ground floor only, not recommended for properties situated by the coast or installed in exposed locations.
How to Install Bi-folding Doors - Like a Pro
Smarts Bi-folds Sight-lines
|Head / Top||102.5mm|
|Jamb / Side||102.5mm|
|Bottom - With Std.
|Bottom - 20mm Low Threshold||90.5mm|
|Bottom - 15mm Low Threshold||85.5mm>|
The details for the bottom sight-lines and step height are the optimum / best case scenario for open out doors that have been sunk / dropped into the floor.
Smarts Bi-fold Number of Door Panels
|No of Door Panels||2||3||4||5||6||7||8+|
|Minimum Width (mm)||1400||2100||2800||3500||4200||4900||Please ask|
|Maximum Width (mm)||2000||3000||4000||5000||6000||7000||Please ask|
Please remember all sizes are for guidance only and are subject to location of the fitted product.
Please contact us for more information.
Slide folding doors offering slim sightlines that are ideally suited to residential applications.
Meeting Stile Detail
20mm Low Threshold Detail
Jamb & Head Detail